Sunday, January 23, 2011

Annie Remake...

So I was on Screenrant a few minutes ago and saw that Will Smith ( I am Legend) is planning to do a Remake of Annie. So I thought ok cool. Will Smith's daughter Willow could end up playing the role of Annie. We have all heard Willows song " I whip my hair back and forth" and I must say I'm not a big fan. However the worry doesn't stop there. Jay z is apparently lending his musical "talents" to the movie. Also not a big fan of him.

Annie is a musical about an orphan girl who is looking for her parents and stays with one of the richest people in NYC. She slowly comes to terms with the fact that she'll never find her parents and she is indeed a true orphan. However in the end it all works out for the better in a Big way. The music is memorable. With songs like " The sun will come out tomorrow" and " It's a hard knock life". I just fear that the hip hop versions of the songs with Willow Smith and Jay z will ruin them.

Let me know what you think but for me I see this as a bad move. A very bad move.

1 comment:

  1. Terrible idea :( Having said that, look at Queen Latifah in "Chicago" - she had EXACTLY the right voice to play "Mamma". So long as they don't "rappify" the music, it might work. If they do decide to set the music to rap, it will be a disaster.

    ReplyDelete